Here is recipe for a simple pan-fry preparation of scallops. This is a serving for ONE!
- 5-8 scallops – fresh/defrosted on a bed of paper towel in the fridge overnight
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 carrot spiralled (I find you can do a whole carrot and when it is spiraled it is so easy to eat-up)
- 1/4 yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
- sprinkiing of pink himalayan sal
- 2 Tsp thinly chopped green onions
- Red onions for colour
Heat pan to medium low temperature. Add the coconut oil to the pan. Allow pan to heat up and place the scallops in the oil. Brown the scallops on each side for a few seconds.
Leave the scallops to cook for only a few minutes (the colour will change from translucent to white). While the scallops cook on one side of the pan; add the spiraled carrots (these need only a few minutes to soften. I like my peppers with some texture, so when the carrots are tender, take the peppers out of the pan as well. Place veggies on your plate & gently arrange the scallops on top. Sprinkle the onions on top for texture & colour.